Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
Tamara Ireland Stone
4 Stars ---
Well, what do ya know?? I am a fan of time travel.
I really had no idea what to expect from this novel. I
skimmed over from reviews and most everyone seemed just tickled by it…
For me, reading is an emission to another world. I crave the
feeling of being lost in the characters and story line. It’s important for the
author to be strong and convincing when dealing with slightly fictional plots.
I never once felt labored while reading. Tamara Ireland
Stone could have been writing about caterpillars and wasps nests and I would
have been eating up every word. Her words just flew off the page with such ease.
The charming characters:
Anna --- she has a lovely personality. She is determined,
strong-willed, and extremely forgiving.
Emma --- Anna’s best friend --- she is British, a little off
the wall… and maybe a little too oblivious for her own good. But her love for
Anna is 100% apparent throughout the entire novel.
Justin --- Anna’s other best friends since they wee ones ---
I wanted to know more about his character … But what I did know was he was a
sweetheart and would do anything for Anna.
And then there is Bennett --- A 17 year old from 2012 (it
seems so futuristic and then I realize--- Holy crap! It’s 2012!) He has a talent
for time traveling. Although, over the years he has figured out there are
certain rules that apply… After making a little mistake and must be undone --- Bennett
has to wait it out in 1995 in Evanston, Illinois --- And what do you know? That
is where he meets our lovely friends from 1995 –Anna, Emma, and Justin-
There is a bunch of sweet moments in this story. It is definitely
a fast read. I loved it… The author was fabulous at creating romantic moments
but when it came to the kiss --- things feel apart for me. I am a big kissy
kinda girl.
Read it --- Nuff Said

No comments:
Post a Comment