Monday, August 20, 2012

Review --- Pushing the Limits! FAV!


Pushing the Limits (5 STARS)
Katie McGarry

Holy Crow! This book! Hands down one of the best novels I have read all summer! And I have read a lot of fantasticness!

Katie McGarry flip-flops between Noah and Echo’s POV --- both characters are in their senior year and have experienced more than a lifetimes worth of tragedies. Yes, this novel is a bit of a downer at times, but you will be pleased to know--- no messy love triangles and stupid ridiculousness amounting in loads of angst and sleepless nights (unless of course you are in to that-nbd-still a rad novel). Unlike any YA contemporary novel I have read, extremely creative and It pulls on those little heart threads.  

I was slightly apprehensive when I saw this book because it was written in a similar format to Perfect Chemistry (Elkeles).  And although, I liked Perfect Chemistry a lot --- I found it difficult to really get to know the characters.
This was not the case with Pushing the Limits. In a short amount of time I began to understand Echo and Noah’s intentions, reservations, and fears.

I found myself taking breaks not because I was bored but because I needed to come up for air.

Good amounts of sweet ya romance --- nothing to write home about. But this novel was bursting at the seams with other goodies that I didn’t even find myself missing the swooning bedroom drama.
So bottom-line --- if you are into some ya-coming of age-depressing yet refreshing stuff --- read this wonderful novel!    

2 comments:

Angela Lynn said...

My favorite word in this post-- fantasticness. Don't ask me why. It just struck my fancy. Also, your review is full of win! fin.

SeaSarah said...

You are too kind sister!

Post a Comment