Friday, August 10, 2012

Review --- The Lost Prince!


4.5 Stars! 
Expected publication: October 23rd 2012 by Harlequin Teen
The Lost Prince
Julie Kagawa 

Julie Kagawa held true to the fey and once again creative an epic adventure with a splash of romance and humor! I am a HUGE fan of the iron fey series --- and so I was super excited to read The Lost Prince.

The Lost Prince is written from Ethan’s POV and honestly in order to understand what is going on in this book and the secret moments created for the reader you must have read the iron fey series.

I didn’t expect to meet a callused and jaded young man but I suppose Ethan’s life has always been a little screwy. He is constantly being attacked and messed with by the fey in the mortal world and been blamed for their crimes. He’s lost people he has cared about and therefore has built up a huge source of angry and resentment that throughout the novel he constantly trying to keep under wraps. Ethan finds himself thrown into the one place he swore he would never return to and discovers that he has to fight a battle to save the ones he cares about.  

We meet a couple new lovey characters and one of two that I am not sure how I feel about just yet. Ash *swoons* and Puck *giggles* only made small appearances --- and I think I was a little disappointed because of that. I really love those characters and the humor factor was dropped down a couple notches due to their absence.

Ethan begins to care for a girl in this story and his battle to keep her away from him and safe reminds be a lot of Ash in the Iron King and Iron Daughter.
It seemed like I was always one step ahead of where this story was going. I kind of knew from the first few chapters who the bad guys were and their motivation. However, I am sure there will be a huge twist coming soon.

Needless to say, I love the fey and would read any book Julie ever wrote about them. Yes, I wanted my swooning, devoted, darkly love Ash and my pistol of a Puck to make a larger appearance --- but I suppose we need to make room for more characters… We always knew from the very first book that Ethan was special and I am wondering exactly how special and what is role will be in the outcome of the forgotten fey.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment