Friday, August 3, 2012

Review --- Beautiful Disaster!


Beautiful Disaster
Jamie McGuire
5 Stars
Yep! This was just one hot mess! But in the best way possible! It was extremely refreshing to read a novel where college life wasn't glamorized, but instead gave us more truth than fantasy.
Abby – A beautiful, trouble freshmen who is in a desperate attempt to run away from her childhood. In the beginning, we are left in the dark about what Abby’s past really entails, but everything falls into place. And if there is one this for sure it is that she wants to forget who she was and make sure nobody except her best friend knows about her past. I loved this girl. She was feisty, stubborn, and in a very big way selfless.
America – Abby’s best friend who promises to be her concession and go anywhere she goes. They stick by each other’s side through this entire disaster. I would love an eccentric, outspoken friend like Mare.  
Travis – This poor boy. At times he is a complete asshole and in other moments the sweetest lost puppy you have ever seen! Now this kid is just a complete mess. Sex, drinking, and fighting are the only things on his mind, ever! He can have any girl he wants and he uses every one of them to fill a void in his life (yeah I just got all psychology 101 on ya).
Shep – Travis’s cousin and roommate --- and America’s devoted, STABLE boyfriend …
Together these 4 create a world of messy situations in which Travis and Abby are at the center of the tragedy… Because as you can already imagine --- a boy falls for a girl and they are both extremely damaged…
I loved this novel. The author never held back and I completely respect that. It was funny, shocking, romantic, infuriating… and all those things make a lovely time in my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment